The Arcan Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arcan Asylum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fleet Management

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Twine

Captain Twine

Fleet Management Empty
PostSubject: Fleet Management   Fleet Management I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 5:34 am

When setting up Fleets, is it advantageous to diversify with various types of ships or use one type of ship in each fleet and use numerous fleets?

I would think the diversification method would be logical, but was wondering how it measured up in game play.

I do understand you want to build fleets with "Anti-ship class" ships to defend and "Siege class" to attack.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod
Saroskob GDC
Saroskob GDC

Fleet Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fleet Management   Fleet Management I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:16 pm

My take on it right now is that siege ships are really only for looting. With the fixed planetary defenses as weak as they are, attacking with ship killers makes sense because after they defeat any defending ships, they'll just erase the planet's defenses, even if they aren't the strongest against planets.

I don't know if adding a command ship to each fleet has value or not, but, for now, my fleets are 300 ship killers or a couple command ships and the rest skip killers.
Back to top Go down

Fleet Management
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Arcan Asylum :: Public Lounge :: Strategy Guide :: New Player Questions-
Jump to: